We have decided that our family needs to eat better. We make almost all we eat from scratch. We buy very few convenience foods. We only eat out maybe once a month. But we have decided that we eat way to much sugar.
We are going to start cutting the amount of sugar we use in many things. Beverages like ice tea will only have about half the sugar. I am experimenting with amounts. We have tried a new drink called barley water. The recipe can be found at http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/recipes/recipe/0,1977,FOOD_9936_33679,00.html
I did 1/4 cup of sugar instead of honey and used lemon juice because I did not have lemons. It tastes like "hearty lemonade" Mark said. I have also been adding different dry fruit to a container of water for flavoring. So far pear and pineapple have been good. We will try more.
We are also trying to use more whole wheat flour. Most things we do are half white-half wheat right now but we will gradually change those ratios. Tonights pizza was about 3/4 whole wheat and no sugar and everyone liked it.
We aren't doing this to lose weight. We only want to be healthier and be able to do all the work God wants of us.
I will keep you updated on our progress.
sara
4 comments:
i've been doing that too and i've ntoiced how much better i've been feeling,convenience foods are SO not good for you and neither is apartame so make sure if you try sugar free stuff its made with splenda and not apartame, as that is responsbile for ALOT of bad stuff like seizures and such....not sure if you knew that already or not but i just found out awhile back and have felt better since i stopped drinking diet sodas and stuff...
how's the new way going for ya? you'll notice a big difference in how youre feeling...i dare to say you'll have a ton more energy i did when i started eating better
I just posted an update. Yes we are feeling good.
sara
We don't do sugar free. If we are going to eat something sweet, we will eat sugar.
sara
Post a Comment