Thursday, March 15, 2012

Minka's story of adoption

This article was shared with us by a friend, and I wanted to share it with you. 
Read the whole article here

"I do not remember all the details that revealed my pregnancy. My mother went to our German Lutheran pastor and together they determined the course I was to take. I was checked into a Lutheran Home and Adoption Agency for girls. I had never been away from home or my mother but I was at the mercy of their decision."

Minka was 16 years old when she found out she was pregnant. After much encouragement, she gave her daughter up for adoption. 77 years later, she met the daughter that she loved enough to give life to. Minka reflects on the lives that  would have been lost had she aborted her baby. A mother's love for her child remains a powerful force, even after years of separation physically. 

No comments: