Friday, February 1, 2008

meal planning

I have never done meal planning before as I don't always want what is planned. Especially when I am planning for a week. I always thought it was easier to just grab what we were all in the mood for. However, the last few days 4 O'clock has arrived with me not even giving a thought to supper. Ground Beef does not thaw quickly enough to have dinner on the table by 5:30.
So I have decided to do meal plans for about three days. I can plan according to our schedules but I do not think I will feel so stuck with it. I can also prepare the night before. I have been planning homemade baked beans for about one week but kept forgetting to soak the beans overnight. I forgot to make the bread to go with supper tonight. This should help me be more on the ball.
Saturday breakfast- banana muffins
Saturday lunch- grilled cheese, apples
Saturday night- baked beans, homemade bread, and corn
Sunday breakfast- eggs and toast
Sunday lunch- at chapel- quesadilla
Sunday night- Subway and junk food for Superbowl
Monday breakfast- pancakes
Monday lunch- pasta and butter
Monday night- chicken and potatoes
I have the beans soaking for tomorrow. I have to get the corn out of the freezer, make 3 loaves of bread and 24 tortillas tomorrow. I may also make a cake for Superbowl. I am going to try to have Virginia and Nathaniel make lunch most days to help out.

sara

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

menu sounds yummy,may steal it lol...enjoy the game! GO GIANTS ;) lol....

Mark Cowperthwaite said...

Giants, HA! That's funny.

Mark Cowperthwaite said...

O, and by the way, the beans were great. She is gonna make those again!

Mark