We are now in Ottawa, Kansas, our new home for at least the next month. We arrived yesterday, just in time for naps and then running out to visit with friends. So today was our first day settled down.
Since we have been back in the camper, we have remained in a place for the longest of 9 days down to the shortest of 1 night. We never really moved back in. We always had the camper in moving condition. This means we have to climb over things to find a pencil, move the wagon (which is usually outside) to sit at the table, and keep rods on the bookshelves. Today, we put the pencil drawer back up on the shelf, put the wagon outside, took the rods down, and a quite a few other things.
We also got out our cleaning products. I cleaned inside the camper as we have been without water for a few different times. We brought drinking water here and took showers elsewhere. However, the camper had not been thoroughly cleaned. It was not unlivable, but doesn't it feel nice to give everything a scrubbing. This included emptying drawers of little used utensils and washing those.
Mark and Nathaniel gave the van a proper cleaning on the inside. When you are in the car as much as we are, it gets very cluttered. We sometimes even end up with miscellaneous socks or toys. So, they got out all wrappers and food, vacuumed and wiped it all down. It looks very nice.
Grocery shopping was the next activity on the agenda (after lunch and nap). We had to really stock up as our fridge was empty. It was nice to get home and fill the fridge and cabinets. Tonight, I will be working on a menu for the next week. I am hoping to get more disciplined in feeding my family better. We just need more variety.
My family thought supper was great. I made homemade pizza in my cast iron skillet. I do not have a cookie sheet that fits in my tiny oven. But I just discovered that my skillet fits. It turned out awesome and will definitely be a weekly treat.
1 comment:
Good Morning, Sara!
So glad to hear that you've had "Spring Fever" and have been cleaning also! I've been "cleaning out" things...organizing and getting rid of unneccesary items that always seem to clutter up space. It feels good to accomplish this...and I know it pleases God.
Hope you are all well and that your new lesson plan is still working for you!
God bless,
Laura
Post a Comment