I do not want to teach any doctrine through this as I do not believe that is the woman's place.
Tit 2:3 Older women likewise are to be reverent in behavior, not slanderers or slaves to much wine. They are to teach what is good,
Tit 2:4 and so train the young women to love their husbands and children,
Tit 2:5 to be self-controlled, pure, working at home, kind, and submissive to their own husbands, that the word of God may not be reviled.
I do not see doctrine taught here, but I do see that husbands are included.
Here we go-
Gen 2:24 "Therefore a man shall leave his father and his mother and hold fast to his wife, and they shall become one flesh."
I love my mom and dad. But God has told us that when we marry, we have a new family. When I was younger, I used to go to my parents for advice, like which college to go to or which dress to buy. Now as a married woman, I am to go to my husband for these things. His opinion should matter more to me than others.
Gen 2:25 "And the man and his wife were both naked and were not ashamed."
I know this verse is talking about how they were in the Garden of Eden. However, it made me think about how I act around my husband. I have now gone through four full pregnancies, and my body does not look like it did when Mark and I met. I should not be ashamed of my body in front of my husband.
Gen 3:17 And to Adam he said, "Because you have listened to the voice of your wife and have eaten of the tree of which I commanded you, 'You shall not eat of it,' cursed is the ground because of you; in pain you shall eat of it all the days of your life;"
How many times have I said something that was not from God that my husband may even have considered? If Eve had not eaten the fruit or offered it to Adam, things would be different. Men listen to their wives opinions. I do not want my opinion to be one that leads him away from the Lord's will.
Gen 4:1 "Now Adam knew Eve his wife, and she conceived and bore Cain, saying, 'I have gotten a man(child) with the help of the LORD.'"
How much more intimately can you know your husband than this. God created this way to conceive children for us to have an intimate relationship with our spouse. It is easy to have your husband come home and just talk about the skin deep things. "How was work?" ,"Joe called. He wants you to go golfing on Saturday" ," The toilet won't flush",etc. But then God has created a way to get past that superficial communication and to enjoy each others company
.
It also says she "got a man(child)" with the help of the Lord. With all the medical technology we have now, we tend to think that babies come when we want and don't come when we don't want. But this verse tells us that God provides the child. We help in the fact of having an intimate relationship with our husband (and I don't want to forgo that) but God creates the new life in our womb. God can create a baby even when doctors have told a woman that she will never have children. God can also create a life when birth control is being used. God has control in all of this, not man.
What do you think about these verses? Do you have anything to add?
No comments:
Post a Comment